Welcome to the third part of the 'Lost Lands' - a series of closed attractions, forgotten announcements, and especially those plans that never made it off the drawing board. Today, Austin will discuss the never-realized fantastical Beastly Kingdom - an intended part of Disney's Animal Kingdom's Part II Expansion at it's opening. The dragon from this land is even in Animal Kingdom's logo some 20 years later! Austin will also explore the tumultuous fate of the fantasy-inspired land, where dragons and unicorns would have come together to round out the west side of the park where a temporary Camp Minnie Mickey stood. So… hold on tight as we uncover the forgotten lands of Disney's Animal Kingdom and Universal's Island of Adventure.
Special thanks to Austin Vaughn for his help in writing this episode. Follow him on Twitter @AVaughnTS.
- The Land Before AVATAR: What Disney's Animal Kingdom Almost Had | Theme Park Tourist
- Beastly Kingdom - The Forgotten Land of Animal Kingdom | The Mouselets
- Disney Extinct Attractions: Beastly Kingdom - LaughingPlace.com
- Disney Avenue: What If Disney Had Built Beastly Kingdom
- Beastly Kingdom | Disney Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
- Goodbye, Dueling Dragons: A history of ice and fire | Inside Universal
- Disney's Animal Kingdom - Wikipedia
- Special Thanks to Austin Vaughn — (@AVaughnTS) | Twitter
- T-Shirts by Fastpass to the Past: The Theme Park History Podcast - TeePublic Store | TeePublic — Are you a theme park history expert? Show the world (world showcase that is) with these unique designs and t-shirts inspired by the Fastpass to the Past podcast.